Friday, June 4, 2010

No Time for Title

This week is dead week at Poly, so I didn't get much time to work or think about my project.

Matt Curry (who has a GSoC project involving the creation of a general quantum mechanical framework in Sympy) and I did get an opportunity to discuss with Dr. Granger how our projects would fit together. Matt will design code that will keep track of the Hilbert space in which a quantum state lives. This may be of some use to my project as an n-qubit system lives in a Hilbert space which is the direct product of n l2(2) Hilbert spaces. His work will also allow states to be added, multiplied by scalers and negated--This will also be useful and will be a great addition to code that I do. I'm starting to gain respect for how object orientation makes code reuse easy.

Anyway, my last final is this Wednesday, so I should be able to start really working on my project soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment