Friday, June 11, 2010

Plans

I just turned in my last take home final today and am ready to begin work on my GSoC project.

Over the summer, I plan to implement qubits and gates as objects, which will be contained within a Mul object that shows how and when to apply gate operations. Together, this Mul object will represent a quantum circuit operating on a set number of qubits; thus, a Mul object containing these gates will represent some quantum transformation, such as a Fourier Transform. In order to carry this out, each gate will have to keep track of which qubit(s) it will operate on.

The first step towards this general goal is the implementation of single qubit gates and the single qubit. This single qubit will need to be viewable in any observational basis. It is here that I will start my work.

I still have quite a few details to hammer out, but I look forward to starting this!

No comments:

Post a Comment